Friday, March 6, 2009

Is it pee yet?

I was testing the water in the tank to see if the cocktail shrimp was doing its job. The first test was for ammonia. Logan was looking on, and when I told him what I was testing for he asked what ammonia is. I told him I didn't know what is was, but I knew where it could be found... things like cleaning supplies... and fish pee, and even his own pee for that matter.

The test kit looks like a child's chemistry set an works by filling a small test tube to a predetermined level with tank water, then adding drops from various bottles. You then cap the tube, mix well, and wait for a color change that is visually compared to a color on one of the test cards. After a few minutes, Logan looked at the tube and asked "Is it pee yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment